Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball in 15 - 2O years."

I understand the getting back to fun part but I think there are a lot of players and parents having fun.  My youngest son has his SEC offer in hand and could have taken off a little this summer.  But he has instead opted to play all summer.  I told him it was totally up to him and he said why would I not play all I can.  I love playing and spending time with top level baseball players.   And if I don't play dad I will have to get a job.  Who wants to work all summer when you can play baseball.

I think the top level players being supported by the mid to bottom players will not go away.  Parents don't understand it but they hope that their little Johnny will get the offer.  I also do not think most parents understand that the top level players are not paying the same $3000 a year that they are paying to play.  But that is not new and will not go away. 

Baseball has become a business from the youngest ages up and will not stop.  Because the next generation will also believe that with enough practice, games, and instruction (which all cost money) their little Johnny will make it. 

Remember.  We don't do all of this for little Johnny.  We do this so that we can brag about how good how kid is.  LOL  (As one parent told me the other day when we were talking summer schedules)

Last edited by PitchingFan