Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Mom"

Nice stories, PF thanks for starting the topic.

My first born was a female, wanted nothing to do with sports, she was a dancer. Ironically she is now a die hard sports mom,  soccer and track as well as lacrosse. Sometimes I cant believe it. She even knows the rules of baseball now!

My second came 9 years later, his dad taught him to hit and pitch and was his coach until he was 9.  Husband became a manager of a large regional mall. He was never home.  I had no choice but to become a baseball mom.

So I had to figure it out all on my own.  I learned that finding the right coaches  was the key and honestly he never ever had a bad coach. Ever. And just like everyone else, I discovered the HSBBW. 

We have had so many great memories, but I will never forget the first time that we walked into Doug Kingsmore Stadium, I saw son wearing an orange jersey, and I went to the bathroom and cried my eyes out because I was so happy for him and our family.

There have been a lot of happy tears, as well as sad tears, but that memory will be always my favorite!

Happy Mother's Day to all the great baseball moms  out there.