Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Needs Leadership"

Baseball rules in our house but come football season (college and NFL), you might as well forget that it's a baseball household, except for the WS. Frown Same for March Madness.

I may be missing something, but didn't ESPN broadcast 3 games a week during summer and still does 2 times a week? Plus here we get three ML games, Rays and Marlins and the Cubs. But yes, I do get a bit tired watching the yankees on more frequently than other teams. We also live in a football driven state, so MLB gets poor attendance, also because the FL teams just don't have the history that others have.

Once playoffs come in October there will be more coverage.

I think that the baseball season is just too long, for it's fans and it's players. WS used to be done in October and now pushed into November, and they want to know why everyone is hurt and on the DL. Roll Eyes

College baseball doesn't draw enough viewer revenue to put more games on, college football does, that's just the way it is.

Yesterday at a home 2:00 pm playoff game on son's AA team the attendance was over 2000k, usually 5-7K. Simple reason, yesterday was opening day for the NFL season.

Baseball is still and always will be America's family game, I agree, where else can a father and son bond and be able to discuss the game, you can't even here yourself talk at a football game, and young kids running around trying to catch a ball doesn't happen. Young kids aren't even often found at football games.

I think you have to appreciate each sport for what it is and what it offers.

fillsfan is correct, until there is a salary cap, things will remain the same, some fans just tired of shelling out and walking away with another loss. And he's right in the respect that it's not going away soon, there just comes a natural shift from a spring/summer sport to one that is played in the fall.

JMO.