Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Players Who Play High School Football"

I would say to play as many sports early on as possible and keep playing them as long as possible until the player picks a sport that he wants to specialize in.  For most having to pick a single sport may never come as they will not play past high school or college and will have the lifetime memories of playing multiple sports in high school.

In my opinion, playing multiple sports (especially football) builds the competitiveness and grit that is needed to succeed at the highest levels.  It also develops overall athleticism because of the different athletic movements required with each sport.

My son stopped playing football after his freshman year on his own and still has some level of regret for missing out on playing on that big stage on Friday nights with his friends and classmates.   Even though he has played on some huge stages already in baseball(18U team USA, D1 baseball) that may not have been possible if he had continued to play both sports.  Either way it needs to be the kids decision as it is their life and parents need to allow them to make these type of decisions.