Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Players Who Play High School Football"

My kiddo loves football he’s actually good at it. Basketball is also a love but he can’t play it to save his life. 10 years playing basketball ball and he look like he never played it. In HS we explain how football is amazing and he’s super talented but his love is baseball. He decided (we suggested in a nice way) he wanted to skip football and focus on baseball only. He didn’t want to miss baseball class! The risk of injury was huge for football. Being a LHP with power, command and location in the making/works it was too hard to play football just for fun. He justify it by saying the team really is not good actually very bad!
when football games roll around my heart yearn seeing him on the field. Basketball is now and he have no desire to play.
At first I felt horrible to suggest giving up football but looking at it now - it worked out better with him focus on one sports.
one day every one has to make a decision to hang up the cleats. For our child he played 4 sports until he walked into high school. Now it’s 💯 baseball.
He knew baseball would be his ultimate sports since he was 3.
Let the kid make his decision! They are smarter than what we give them credit for. Even tho we suggested it’s time - deep down he wanted it to be time.
Now his whole world is focus on his only love! Baseball!