Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Program Philosophy"

quote:
Originally posted by tmmbj:

Ironhorse- why the hostility? So what you are saying if a parent (you assume I am a parent of a high school kid, I am not) has a question about the program and a philosophy, then they are bad and the team does not need them? That is odd to say the least. This board has very good baseball minds and lots of coaches. I am not a great baseball coach/mind. I am looking feedback. Lots of folks responded about the 6 minute mile and now I get it and support it. I asked another question about how much instruction a basebal coach should give and your intellegent response is DON'T PLAY. That is stupid and I hope you are not a coach. If the majority of folks on this board say it is acceptable for a coach to tell a parent he will not instruct them, I will go with it, just like the 6 minute mile thing. You have added no value to the topic but negativity. So tell me Ironhorse, if you had a kid entering high school and the coach told you that he will not instruct your child on anything, how would that sit with you?

The hostility is because you have some sort of agenda here. You tried to bash a coach on one issue and got no real support. So you crawfished and tried to hammer another (much more fictional) issue.

If a coach told you, in person, that he would not be instructing any kids this year, go straight to your AD. Period. I have a feeling this didn't actually happen. So you came to a message board.

This all just sounds way too unbelievable. More than likely the issue is with you or the player, not the coach.