Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball Recruiting Timeline In The Aftermath of COVID-19"

I think we will also start to see more and more D3’s and D2’s bringing in JUCO players, too.  Obviously not the HA D3’s, but the rest will.  There will be incredible logjams and huge rosters at most JUCO’s in 2021-2022, I am betting.

At all levels, I think, only the top top elite freshman will get playing time.  The rest will have to work while they wait.  Unless an 18-19 year old is just super legit for their level, they are going to have a tough time taking playing time away from 23 year olds.

Because of that, we’ll be seeing more college freshman who aren’t hardcore Baseball guys dropping out of programs.  More than ever, if you don’t absolutely love Baseball, College Baseball is not for you, and especially for the vast majority of players who don’t get athletic money. 

There will be others who leave the game because they just aren’t mentally tough enough to deal with the challenge. Through high school they just showed up expecting to start in the middle of the field and bat in the middle of the lineup. For the first time they’re competing just to play.