Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball/Football"

This has always been a big subject with shortstopmom and her family. Three kids,..all multiple sport athletes. You name it, they play it,..and even double up if they can squeeze it in their schedules. ( ie: Fall baseball while starting Varsity football ) Makes this mom's hair curl, turn gray, & then fall out!! I wont go into details about what it does to my intestines nor will I go into detail about my ulcer which seems to only come & visit me during football season or when one of my friends son's is pitching. ( eeek,..yes its true,... not having a pitcher, but just watching our team pitchers can lead this gal into a two bottle of tums a game addiction! ) Eek
Sometimes I am the designated watcher for the pitcher mom's who are pacing behind the bleachers. I run back and forth sneaking them sips of my Jim Beam giving them details on how their son is doing. They do the same for me when my son is up to bat!! Good ol' Mom's Unite system!!!

I just this year discovered the peacefulness of sitting on the other teams side during the football games. Who woulda thunk that it would be sooo much better over there,..but it IS!!! I SWEAR BY IT!!!
Wish I had discovered this technique years ago.

I no longer hear the coach screaming at my son...
( which makes me want to labotomize the pitiful excuse of a man/coach Mad )

... I no longer hear the crowd screaming at our cheerleaders ( we have a pitiful winning record and I think the parents will take their frustrations out on just about anybody ),

...my blood pressure gets to remain at a decent living level and I am no longer at risk of being arrested for popping an belligerent 350# dad who seems compelled to scream through me obscenities to the coach down on the field and who then ( albeit but never the less ) inadvertantly spills his drink down my back & doesnt have the you-know-whats to say he's sorry as I sit for the remainder of the game soaked in sticky Pepsi.
( not pleasant,..not pleasant at all !!!)

Move on to the other side,..sit waaaaaaaaaaaay up top,..its a very very good thing!!!
I highly recommend it to all moms!!!

While sitting on the otherside is indeed
good, it doesnt solve the worry issue.
I'll give my right pinky toe to ANYONE
who has a solution for that!!!
I still freak out when son gets tackled or makes the tackle for that matter,...either way I sit there with one eye open PRAYING that he gets up from the bottom of the pile and isnt limping!!! I pray when he comes down from that lay up that he lands on his feet just right and doesnt twist an ankle or tork an elbow!!!

He plays wide receiver, point guard, and is also a SS. His looove is baseball,...but its a tradition to play football and basketball.

I have decided to let it be my childrens decision about what sports they play.
( Wrestling was the hardest for me to watch!! Whoaaaa Nelly,..that was painful!! )

If I could have it my way,... I would like to keep all three of them & including my friends children too, all wrapped in bubble wrap, feed them jello so they wont choke, & live an extremely
B-O-R-I-N-G, yet peaceful and with a full head of beautiful brown hair, life!

Unfortunately we all know it isnt a mom only run world. ( shucks!! )

To all the moms out there, ( & to their friends Margarita, sweet & sour, etc. etc. Wink )
I raise my football helmet, basketball jersey, and baseball glove in the air to you!!

We're in this for the long haul,....God bless our kids, every single one of them,...
even the kids from the opposite side,..and with a little help from the powers above ( & perhaps a few watching angles & the manufacturers of Tums ) us Moms will survive,....and so will our sanity!!!

Hugzzzzzzz!!!!!
Remember,..we're all in this together!!!

Now, on three, let me hear ya say: T-E-A-M
M-O-M !!!!!
Last edited by shortstopmom