Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball/Football"

Shortstopmom, I do believe we are the same person. I laughed and even cried through your post. I can relate to every single statement on every post by every mom. For football, it will be visitor’s side, way at the top. For baseball it will be the usual, all alone down the 3rd base line, killing the grass from my pacing. A couple of years ago my son was playing football, baseball, basketball, so_c_r, and even boy’s softball. We only had 2 weeks in the year that he was not playing something, and yes, I loved it. When he got to high school, he narrowed it down to football and baseball, although baseball is his true love. I would never even mention quitting football to my son, he loves it also.

Prayers do help a lot. During football season, a big group of our football players go to mass at 6:30 am before school on Fridays. After mass our Priest has them come up to the front of church and he blesses the boys and says a prayer for them and the opposing team to keep them safe. I cry every Friday morning. These kids do not have to be in church, they want to be.

Yes, God bless our kids, every single one of them, even the kids from the opposite side.

Momof2catchers, “There is a QB/pitcher for our rival school that we love to hate, but he is a stud. He is 6'5", ~230 lbs, lazer rocket arm”. I am glad we don’t have to love to hate him.

LHpitcher – Tums, we might get a kidney stone from all the calcium, but we will never suffer from osteoporosis

Thanks to all you Moms, talking about it is a big help, and yes, we are all in this together.

Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!