Skip to main content

Reply to "Batting average over .700!"

jerseydad,

What you’re doing is saying that not all organizations act exactly the same way for the same reasons, and that makes sense.

Also, it also makes sense that the stats are part of the equation, just like so many other factors are taken into consideration.

As for that kid in the article, I have no doubt at all that he’s a “player”. But to tell the truth, a .500 average in one tournament, no matter who the competition is, is a heck of a lot different than .733 for an entire season. Wink Actually, the only thing that didn’t pass the smell test to me, was when they had all those other kids with such bodacious numbers too, but with a record that shows they have trouble beating anyone.

Usually, when I see that happening, the scorer is making some kind of fatal error for everyone. The scoring error I see most often like that, is counting FC’s as hits. But, it could be that I’m totally wrong, and they really do have all those players who knock the snot out of the ball, and if that’s true, I apologize profusely. But no matter what, I’ll just bet his numbers were the main reason he was playing in that tournament last year. Smile
Last edited by Stats4Gnats