Skip to main content

Reply to "Batting cage installation instructions?"

Thanks

I did not explain this or if i did it was overlooked with all the questions - so -

Once the cage is up once, and used, when we take it down, all we do is slide the net back to the walls, cables still up no tension released. When the net is back to the side wall, a cable will be hooked on the wall in 3 screw eyes above where the cables are and the net will be snugged up to hang on these screw eyes. All weight is released from the cables. Then we loosen the cables, take them down, roll them back by the wall, and when ready to use all we do is string the cables and tighten the tension, slide the net out, i think i should get a patent on this????

what do you think now,.?

i have been there don that, putting that up outside ,understand your position, i am eliminating that issue i hope?
thanks

i read your your link i overlooked sorry, on tension and load, what happens if you add 2 more cables on 59'? the way we have this setup in the summer is it goes over the top of 5 sections of 1"galvanized pipe i'ts 10 x 10 x 70, then we pull 2 ropes over the top and under the net to lift it up and tie it off, just small cloth type ropes., if necessary i could have some interior supports in 1 or 2 places also be easy to do. 1/2" electrical conduit would rasily give the sag and tension release?
what do you think?
Last edited by bop