Skip to main content

Reply to "Batting cage installation instructions?"

quote:
Once the cage is up once, and used, when we take it down, all we do is slide the net back to the walls, cables still up no tension released. When the net is back to the side wall, a cable will be hooked on the wall in 3 screw eyes above where the cables are and the net will be snugged up to hang on these screw eyes. All weight is released from the cables. Then we loosen the cables, take them down, roll them back by the wall, and when ready to use all we do is string the cables and tighten the tension, slide the net out, i think i should get a patent on this????

what do you think now,.?

I think that might work. Still going to be a lot of work but better than what I was imagining. I thought you might have to take the net off the cables each day. That would be a pain in the butt.

I think if you get big / long enough turnbuckles to release the tension that will help tremendously.

It's great you will be getting the stuff cheaply at a hardware store because I think you will be saving a lot of money that way.

Once you get it up take some pics and post them here so we can get a look at what you have done. May help some others one day.