Skip to main content

Reply to "Batting Cage Recommendation"

Years ago, had a custom tunnel made by SPI-Nets, out of South Padre Island, Texas.   Custom ordered it 10' wide, 10' tall, 20' long, to fit inside our 2-car garage, in the space of a 1-car spot.  Hung it from ceiling in about 15-mins.  Was not crazy expensive........like $250?  They will make any size you want.  They used to have a "customizing calculator" on their website so you could plug in the size you want and see what the price will be.  Not sure if that's still there?  

Here's their website: SPI-Nets

Son got a lot of use out of it.  Most extravagant activity was front soft toss, from behind a 4x6 screen, and everything less than that.   

The indoors location made it 365-247 accessible.  And as it was simply hung from ceiling via eye-screws and black rubber "bungies" with S-hooks on each end,  I never needed to do any serious Bobcat work, digging post holes, etc.  

Word of CAUTION: make sure you unplug your garage door opener, if you've hung your batting cage net inside the bay.  Never happened to me, but would be a CATASTROPHIC event if garage door goes up via motor, and the batting cage net is hanging.  Hence I always un-plugged the motor driven opener when netting was in place.

Last edited by #1 Assistant Coach