Skip to main content

Reply to "BBCOR bats"

Originally Posted by too.tall:

Do these bats ever wear out?  My 13 year old thinks his Easton s1 is losing its pop after 6 months of hard hitting.  I have read that the trampoline effect actually increases with usage.  Also, he has been hitting with a -3 since last fall. 

My son has been using a 2012 Easton XL1 33-30 since I bought it for him for Xmas in Dec.2011.He is halfway through his senior season and has used this bat in every HS game for almost 3 seasons.He uses wood in the cages and on his 18U summer/fall team.This bat has lasted and there has been no noticeable drop in "pop" over time.In fact, he hit another homerun with it yesterday afternoon

He's tried the newer XL1 versions and that obscenely expensive Mako model as well(teammates have these bats).However,he likes the "feel" of the 2012 XL1 versus the newer models.I guess that's what really matters.How a bat feels in a hitters hands.

I was able to find another new 2012 Easton XL1 33-30 on eBay the other day.Still in the original wrapper ! Now my son can rest easy when he goes off to college 2500 miles from home,knowing that he has a backup "boomstick". Hahaha !