Skip to main content

Reply to "bbscout"

bbscout and I met on the hsbaseballweb. We agreed. We disagreed. We sparred with each other many times. We even yelled at each other. Me more than him. Yet, in the last year or so, it became obvious that we saw things the same way. A result of my learning and his patience.

I would throw him a dagger and he would deflect it. I would throw a dagger at someone else and he would intercept it. And when the daggers came my way he would do the same for me. He never whined about it. He just did it. It was his presence, his wisdon, his way, that would redirect the discussion back to the topic.

It was like school kids bickering and then the prinicpal walked in. It was like the rookie pitcher was shaken and then Sparky came to the mound.

It was like players talking hitting and then Ted Williams walked in.

bbscout and I had several private conversations, both by email and by phone. I was always impressed and humbled by his knowledge.

I read every word he ever wrote with the utmost respect. I would read it. Analyze it. Digest it. I would try everything he said...hitting or throwing. I would be excited every time I opened a site and he had made a post. What was I going to learn today?

How does someone you barely know make you hurt like this?
Last edited by Chameleon