Skip to main content

Reply to "bbscout"

quote:
Originally posted by deemax:
Many of you know bbscout the thread poster, scout, baseball man, and friend... I simply know him as Dad. My Dad passed away last night in his sleep. He loved his family, friends, career, and this website.

Demax, Dale, Brett,
As you know first hand your father made friends everywhere he went, but nothing was more important than his family. We first met Doug in Oregon at the Area Code Tryout with our son, he was warm, friendly, great communication skills, organized and when the tryout was over he personally called our son and welcomed him to the WA Nationals Area Code Team. We saved the message for weeks. When we arrived in Long Beach, he spent such quality time with the players and always postive, helpful and full of great advice. What I liked was his ablity to treat everyone with such respect, not just the best players but the team as a whole.
When we spoke he ALWAYS brought the conversation around to how much he loved his family and about what he and his wife did with the grandchildren, about how education was so important to him for his children. Brett at UCLA. Our family is thankful we met Doug, and sad about his passing.
The Richardson's