Skip to main content

Reply to "bbscout"

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your father was one of the most respected baseball folks out here on the 'net that I've ever encountered. He was always so helpful to anyone, including PMs, emails, etc.. And unlike many, he always seemed to get his points in w/o belittling other posters. He was truly above that nonsense.

A couple years ago, I even spent some time on the phone w/ him, helping teach him how to post video clips to his webspace, and he was always sincerely grateful for that.

He often would bop into the threads I'd post of my son's (now 12YO) swing. Mostly he'd just say, "Mike, his swing mechanics are well within the guard rails to succeed... just keep throwing him BP and let him get bigger and stronger and he'll be fine". Smile He certainly wasn't one to microanalyze the swing, and having played and scouted at the level he did, as well as the success his sons have had in baseball, I'd like to think he was truly onto something that a lot of us get lost in - keep it simple.

Even though I never met him in person, several times today since I learned of this, he has popped into my head. What a great loss of a great man.

I'm sure he's watching down on his grand kids and the rest of his family. Long live your proud memories.

Regards,
Mike
Last edited by Sandman