Skip to main content

Reply to "Beach Tourney"

And the feeling of these posts were the umpires did not show any composure at the end of the game either. I have a lot of respect for umpiring and still believe that bad calls can cost a team a game. It is obvious that there was more than one bad call in more than one game. These opinions were made by not just ho hum fans of baseball but from experienced coaches as well. I am ok with the "judgement calls" but when you are umping in a playoff game and as you say "there is a 50% retention rate" for umps you WILL get bad calls that cost a team a season! Most kids these days playing for high school also play year round and the parents spend time and tons of money to see their kids play at this "next" level. Don't forget that a lot of these kids live for this game and put their hearts in every play and call. 50% retention rate for good umpiring is a terrible rate.

Also, why single out the Kellam game? There were other games that day with bad calls as well. But if we are at a 50% retention rate I can see why.
Last edited by shutumdown