Skip to main content

Reply to "Beck, Beniot...Don't do drugs!"

For the record, I mentioned that I know/taught Big Mac's wife Stephanie. I have stated so in almost every response to this issue so I'm not hiding anything. Yes, I am a Cardinal fan. I would make the same argument for any other player that did a legal activity at the time and was subsequently condemned. I challenge any poster to find any posts on this site where I've allowed my loyalty to the Cardinals to impare my judgement on any issue including the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry.

You mention the court of public opinion. I'm glad I will never have to be held to that standard. I prefer the law! Public opinion is so vague and blows like the wind. In reality it doesn't have merit. Each of us would disagree on so many different issues. What is left then is to discuss the known facts. McGuire took Andro. It was legal at that time. I would venture to say many MLB players were also using that very same legal product. MLB didn't have any rules against it. When they did impliment a rule against it, McGuire retired.

Regarding the young son and human growth hormone, the media has reported that Benoit's opinion was that his 7 year old son was not growing at a normal rate. That, at least from what I've read, has not been medically proven. JMHO!

Before any of my other words/intentions/... get misconstrued, I don't want my athletes using anything but good hard work in the weight room and plyometrics to improve their performance. I have known of one of my kids who went on the college and was starting to use steriods. I got in my car and drove overnight to confront him. That's where I stand. (Side note - I told him that I was going to kick his butt. His response, was that I could no longer do that = steriods. LOL!)
Last edited by CoachB25