Skip to main content

Reply to "Before or after the draft?"

quote:
Is an agent profiting off the player? No.

OH REALLY

quote:
I doubt that most scouts or scouting directors want to talk to a lot of parents about the player. My experience is that the info will be less forthcoming.

Key word here "doubt". I know you've been through the process.

A scout is more than willing to sit down anytime with any player and his family. Give them the benefit of the "DOUBT". If a scout likes your son, you know as well as anyone, that not only will the scouting director and the scout talk to you so will others in the organization to include the General Manager.

Like I said, I have no problem at all once the player chooses to sign. You know, I have watched these so called advisors flock to players and I have watched hearts be broken when the player gets hurt and the advsior stops coming around and calling. You and I both know that its so watered down. Heck the phone rings off the hook with every "NEWAGENT" in the country calling. There are only a few who are worthy of being a said advisor/ agent. Use the ones with big league players, they have experience and use them in conjunction with the rules.

Let me comment on "perfect game"and "newagents" comments.

What "Perfect Game" does is not a violation of NCAA Rules. As a matter of fact they had to adjust their events to meet the NCAA rules. Which they did without one public complaint.

Yep its legal and within the rules.
Last edited by swingbuilder