Skip to main content

Reply to "Before or after the draft?"

PG:
I think PG provides a valuable asset to the young baseball player. In fact, I have nothing but glowing reviews of your programs. What PG in effect has done is centralized the recruiting process. Your resources actually allow for a detailed and objective projection of the ballplayer. I remember speaking to one father about PG. He said, he liked PG. His only criticism was the rating system. Apparently once you are given a rating, it is hard to increase your score. Although he disgareed, he both understood and accepted why this was done. He also expressed his appreciation at how willing the people at PG were to speak to him and his son about it. In the end he found the experience both rewarding and worthwhile. What I am getting at is that I find encourage showcases such as PG. I just find the role of PG and the Agent similar. Therefore, I personally think the Agent's role should not be so limiting.

As for other people on this site: I know that just hearing the word "agent" evokes serious emotion. In fact, I know just the mere mention of the word will lead people to post ridiculous comments without any facts to support them. I also know that some people lump all agents as one. As a result they feel compelled to post rude and unsolicited personal attacks. My other profession lends itself to these attacks as well. I accept that some people need to let off some steam while at the same time displaying their penchant for ignorance. In my experience, their ignorance and intolerance begins to irritate others. I also know that they are not worthy of a response as their ignorance eventually results in their own self-imposed silence. In the meantime, I will never be intimidated by the ignorant or back down to the cyber-bully.