Skip to main content

Reply to "Beginning the college search. Help asking the right questions?"

BBMomAZ posted:

Get an honest, objective assessment from a trusted coach on his baseball ability and potential.

Start visiting a wide range of schools nearby (or while on vacation) to allow him to get a feel for different types of campuses. Take an admission tour if possible to explore the programs; check out the baseball facilities and maybe watch a game or practice.

Take the SAT and ACT early (my son took them the first time at the end of sophomore year). You don't have to send the scores anywhere but do it to get a baseline and insight into what he needs to work on. It will greatly help in narrowing your list and can definitely be an advantage to have if he gets serious interest from coaches.

Good luck!

College tours would be helpful. That would have to be very local because I think his next available gap of time might come up after the summer season is over. Crazy. I would love to see a couple of games but I don't see that happening unless Moses helps out with the schedule. I have noted the test advice. Thanks!