Skip to main content

Reply to "behind the scenes coordinator aka Team Mom"

It's been said, but communication is key. Plus, organization is HUGE. I have a differrent folder for each aspect: Fundraising, contacts, receipts, etc.

Plus, I always mapquest or google directions to each game/tourney and forward to the parents so there is no confusion.

Also, if you need anything, funds, paperwork etc. give a strict deadline and make it at least a week early to give you time to get everything in order.

One other thing I like doing at the beginning and sometimes middle of the season is getting everyone together to just gel and socialize away from the stress of playing, nothing big, who ever wants to meet for pizza, or ice cream, whatever. This might work easier for the younger crowd, but it helps us alot.

My son is younger than most of yours, but I've been team mom for many seasons, rec ball, all stars, basketball, now travel, and I love doing it, you really get to know the players better and the parents better because you have more opportunities to speak with everyone, even the ones who like being on their own during the games.
Last edited by always_late