Skip to main content

Reply to "Best 04/05's with a twist"

Ian Matthews:
YOUR so full of Class,Butler is lucky to have you !
I coached for a long time, and never had a player who was such a winner on and off the field more than Jim Donovan. Every team Jim was on they won! Jim Went to World Series 4 straight years in a row with the Bronco team and the Pony team. I was lucky to have coached Jim in Pony we lost to Alex Fernades and Joge Favergas team from Miami, But Jim set record's for Pony for avg hr rbis that stood for 15 year's, and I think he still has best avg for Bronco league. Did i also mention that his highschool team went down state 3 out of his 4 years on the varsity!
He was 3 time all-state! There is no doubt that he would be one of the great highschool coaches ever! Right up there with Rodeghero, Hall, Gancer,Fornaceri,Bonebrake. Chris Ledbetter played for me too and helped get us to another World Series a couple of years after Jimmy d, and Chris Will be another great coach.
I also want to add that the best pitcher I have ever seen in highschool was also a big reason we went to the World Series in Washington Pa.
His name Scott Nelson the best pitching instructor around!!! and there are many great one's too(PITCHING INSTRUCTOR'S). So with Donovan and Nelson and Sean Lawrence who pitched in the major's for the Pirates, and we still finished 3rd in the World Confused Now you know why I don't coach any more and just give lesson's

Last edited {1}