Skip to main content

Reply to "Best baseball nickname"

Sweet Cakes

I was an assistant coach of an 18u Gold softball team. We had a two hour wait before our next tournament game. The girls were sitting in the shade having snacks.

One of the girls said she had to go to the bathroom. We were on the far side of  a four diamond complex on each side of the street. The facilities were as far away in the complex as possible. This girl opted for the nearby porta potty. By Sunday afternoon in the summer these things are usually gross.

When the girl returned a teammate sarcastically asked her how was her trip. The girl said if wasn’t so bad. She said it was reasonably clean and there was a sink with soap.

All of a sudden a bunch of girls shrieked. One screamed, “Oh my God! You washed you hands with a urinal cake.”

The girl got up and ran screaming through the middle of four fields to the bathroom facilities on the other side of the street. When she returned her hands were red she scrubbed them so hard.

My daughter is 33 now. She’s still friends with this girl. She still refers to her as Sweet Cakes and calls her Sweets when they’re together.