Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

Coaching my son's Little League Major Baseball team. It was a playff game and we had a kid coming up to lead off the inning, that had not had a hit all season long. It was late in the game, we were down by and we really need this kid to get on. This kid always looked to get on base with a walk ( but mostly struck out) and usually would not take a good cut, no matter how much we told him to go up there and look for a hit, just swing away.

So before he went up to bat, I told him that I was going to let him use one of my son's special bat. My son had had an old Easton triple 777. I told my son to get his special bat for his teammate to use. My son caught on quickly and made a big deal about turning over his "special" bat.

Of course the kid goes up and one hops the fence for a ground rule double and ends up getting to score the tying run later in the inning.

I have witnessed many special things done by my son on a baseball field, some very special memories, but this memory will always rank right up there among the best. My son and still talk about that special bat and that day.