Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

I have so many. One of my favorites took place when my youngest son was 12 and we were playing in the state AAU championships. We were playing in the semis and for a chance to play for the state championship the next day. We were down 3 runs in our last ab. Our lead off hitter was up and hit a solo HR to cut the lead to 2. He now he is a freshman mif at VMI. Our #2 hitter comes up and he hits a HR to cut the lead to 1. He is now a Pitcher at Wingate College. Our #3 hitter comes up and he hits a HR to tie the game. He was drafted out of HS and is with Tampa as a pitcher as well. They then go to the pen and bring in a guy to try to put out the fire. Our #4 hitter is my son. With a full count he hits a monster shot out to win the game. He is now a freshman catcher at UNC. I have never seen anything like it and probaly will never again. Four HR's in a row to win the game.

I think back to the game and there were so many young guys that have gone on to play in college. The other team had a mif drafted in the first round. Their C is a freshman at UNCW. Their 1B is a freshman at USC Upstate. The CF is now a LB at Georgia I believe. It was absolutely an amazing game and a great memory.
Last edited by Coach May