Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

To me it is tough to pick a memory that sticks out more than others. I would pick a play he made as a young player at 10 yo.
He was playing LF on a Rec team. A pop up occurred and the 3rb player was very weak. He raced in and as the ball popped out of the players glove he laid out and caught the ball inches off the ground.
Another in elite BB when he was 15 he pitched a one hitter against the top 16U team in Ontario. It was the 3rd game of a 4 game series and we lost the other 3 by a large margin. The teams were embroiled in a nasty confrontation just prior to his outing due to some nasty hits on their players. The parents of the other team had swarmed our dugout screaming at our players calling them goons, Once things settled down they got the 3rd game underway and after pitching 5 innings of no hit ball the crowd (both sides) got behind him. They were on their feet and my sister who lived in the Gateaus in Quebec was there. In the 7th with 1 out a player laid a bunt down and was soundly booed by all spectators. His coach took him out to a standing ovation by the whole crowd. It was very special to me. The GM from the other team came over to me in the 5th and asked if that was my son. We became friend for several years and always made a point of saying hello at tournaments. He had placed several players in MLB and US colleges.