Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

My best baseball memory for myself was a chance meeting with Ferguson Jenkins and the ensuing conversation about a mutual team mate. He knew him when they both pitched for Chicago and I knew him when I tried to comeback with a semi-pro team called the Lawton Pepsis before he made it to the Cubs. It was one of the best baseball conversations I ever had.

The best memory of my boys- 1)Several of the Oklahoma State players would stop by the house to play catch with my two sons during their grade school years. The smiles were irreplaceable. The game was still fun for all of them.
2)My middle son was working a home game as batboy. He was sitting in his designated corner of the dugout by the screen and was watching everything intently. Two players were able to sneak up on him and place two cone shaped water cups filled with shaving cream on top of his batting helmet while another two were able to place nice wads of gum on the points of the cone. The crowd down the third baseline began to notice what was going on and erupted when the plate ump requested more baseballs and when coach Ward saw what was happening. That was the only time I saw the man look terrified. My boy trots out to the plate and the PU pulls his mask off and bends over laughing. Coach Ward is chewing on the overachievers and trying to find me in the stands at the same time. I thought it was funny!! My son had no clue what everyone was laughing at until he got back to the dugout and they told him to take his helmet off. He thought it was funny too!