Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

Greatest moments I hope are still to come but for now, my eigth grader was pitching high school game for southstate playoffs. He had a track injury that resulted in torn meniscus and strained muscle. He begged to throw the next upcoming game. He is on the mound in great pain during the whole game and we were worried sick. His Doctors had informed us to let him play if he could, damage was already done and could not get worse. Surgery would be scheduled. He wanted his team to win so bad he could taste it. He was getting the job done with no problem, but the pain on his face was too much. As the Coach approached the mound my son put the ball behind his back and started backing up. There was no getting him off the mound. Most coaches would have killed him. But you must understand this was as far as our baseball team had been in too many years to remember. My son wanted his team to earn the respect they deserved at his school. Yes, we did win the game. He had a large number of strike outs against a tough team. I don't remember that number, but I do remember the dedication, determination, and love for that baseball team that every pitch was thrown for. There was not a fan left sitting nor a dry eye when it was over. Determination and dedication to all will get you thru some tough moments.

Second greatest moment: My son was playing at a World Series 14u and I could not attend because of work. I listened to the game on the cell phone that my husband held. It was incredible. You could here everyone chanting the numbers after each strike out. It was second to last game in series for the majors division. He finished with 18 stike outs. We were at the house jumping up and down after each trip from the mound just like the fans that were 8 hours away from us at the game. I am so grateful for that cell phone or it would have been a moment missed! This was a great moment because you had to really listen and invision what was happening.

Third greatest moment: Yet to come....I hope it matches the first and it is played from the heart to benefit the team as a whole, or just someone special that deserves it. Greatest moments are driven by the intentions and character of the individual behind them as a selfless act.