Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

I work swing shift so I didn't get to see many of my sons games. He was a good pitcher on a not so good team.We lost most of our games but he was always dominate on the mound.So that our team would not be ten run ruled my son would pitch the first 3 innings (6in per week max,2 games a week) he would strike out everyone until he left after the 3rd. Then the other team would take care of us.It upset me at times that the coach would use him this way but I understood why. It was his last game and he was sick with the flu and the coach let him pitch the whole game. I came at the end during my lunch and he had just finished pitching,our team was behind,we were the home team.I asked him what happened, he said I'm sorry dad I did my best but the team made to many errors.I asked how did you do he said I struck out most of them (he had 15ks) as he looked at me I could see the sweat not from the game but from his fever and relized what a tough competitor he was and said thats ok you did your best.