Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

Way to many memories as player. As parent...my daughter was in her first year of softball when she was five. She is a much older seven now. She loves playing and practicing. It was t-ball and coach pitch. She was struggling hitting the ball when the coach pitched it to her. She got so frustrated she was almost in tears. She would see the other girls hitting the ball well. My daughter is very determined little girl so I was surprised by her frustration. In my daughter last at bat of the day, She took two swings and missed. I stand behind the plate for the pitches. She looked at me and her expression said it all. I could feel her not enjoying the game for the moment. I told her it was ok and swing as best she could. The next pitch she crushed the ball passed all the players and circled the bases. I was so happy for her. She had the biggest smile on her face as she crossed home plate. My wife walked up to me and said I don't know who was happier my daughter or me. It was a small moment in life but such a good one.
Last edited by sgvbaseball