Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

quote:
Originally posted by Prepster:
Mine comes from Omaha -- 2006.

The day before (Fathers' Day), Robert had pitched a complete game shutout against Clemson (sorry, TPM); but, as thrilling as that was, it's not my favorite memory.

Instead, my favorite memory comes from the evening of the day following the shutout; as he and I sat WAY down the third baseline in Rosenblatt Stadium watching two of the other 7 teams play. As we sat there on a perfect evening, the sun setting in a magenta sky behind us, we talked...about a lot of things. The game before us, our time in Omaha, and shared memories of the past were all discussed.

In addition, we talked with the many college baseball fans around us; fans from quite a few schools...some represented that week, others not. Swapping tales, sharing recollections, communing in college baseball's cathedral.

It was a baseball evening to remember.

Ahhh, that's ok, too bad I couldn't find you that day. Win or lose, watching son play at Rosenblatt is something I will never forget.
One night just the 3 or us (son, hubby and I) went to watch a game. We had to walk back down the hill in back of the stadium to catch a bus back to hotel, as we looked back, the stadium all lit up, son declared that was one of he most beautiful sights he had ever seen and he was so excited to be there, it was definetly a dream come true.

But that was not my best baseball memory, that is reserved for the game that brought us to Omaha, that is a special day we nor he will ever forget.