Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

My son was nine and was playing with a team that seemed to really click and the coaches were a lot of fun. About two minutes after our only loss of the season, the sprinklers suddenly went on as the kids were leaving the field shooting water fourty feet or so. Within minutes all the kids were running through the sprinkler. The coaches tried to call them off but, gave up after a minute or so.

My son ran up and squatted on the sprinkler and had water shooting out all around his butt. Towards the end he got an idea and pulled his cup out, filled it up and came in and offered the coaches a drink.

Same season...

We are in the final playoff game and as my son is coming to the plate, my wife yells "Come on Sweety". He stopped dead in his tracks and just glares at her in an extended silence. The Head Coach picks up on the moment jumps down to a squat with his hands extended and yells "Yeah - Come on Sweety".

Same game...

...arms red as a lobster; catcher mask up on his head; face red and sweating like a horse; during a pitching consultation. I managed to snap a good picture.

A lot of baseball experiences later, that summer still stands out as the best.