Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Baseball Memory"

So many wonderful baseball memories. I've seen a son hit a walk off HR as a Giant against the Dodgers, yet the first memory that pops in my head is the time he and I went to a Giants/Dodgers game five years earlier, the night before he had shoulder surgery while still in the minors. We walked all around the stadium, enjoyed the game, went down the slide, watch the boats in the bay. Went out for dinner afterwards. Priceless!

Another time our whole extended family and friends drove down to Houston to see him play. The game was a ton of fun, yet the first thing that I think of happened afterwards, when my husband and I somehow ended up in the same car with our two sons on the way to some restaurant. First time the 4 of us had been alone together in 7 years. We got lost and laughed until we cried trying to find our way back on to the right freeway. By the time we found the restaurant, everyone else had gone back to the hotel. The 4 of us sat in a booth, laughed, ate, and talked ...just like old times. I still smile when I think of that night. Smile

For those who dream of the big moment ... the walk off, perfect game, etc .... please don't miss the smaller ones, especially the times simply spent with your sons. Trust me, in the end, those memories will mean more.
Last edited by TxMom