Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Camera for Baseball Photography?"

Yes, cost is an issue and what one is willing to spend depends how you like and are involved in photography.  If you're into high end photography, The Rebel mentioned is a good choice for a low cost high end camera.  But if you're really not into photography and mostly are just a point and shoot kind of person, then there's a wide range to choose from.  And if you have a smart phone than does a good point and shoot job for you, then you may want to only look for something temporary to use while your son is in HS and college . . .where you might consider just find a good used camera to taking videos during this time.  You really don't need a camera with high amount of megapixels where a 10 or 12 mega pixel cameras would likely be more than sufficient.  The important thing for what you seems to want/need is a camera with a high number for Optical Zoom so that you can zoom in to get a decent close up of the action.  And of course, along with that you'll want a camera that can capture action clearly as well as provide slow motion quality.  There are actually a number of good quality, low cost camera that work well.  And yes, Canon makes some of them.  About 10 years ago I was using a Canon A710 and it did a good job of capturing the video I wanted of my son playing ball.  That was a 7MP camera and pretty good for its time.  Now I use a Canon SX700 that has 16MP, but more importantly it has a 30X optical zoom.  Sony and Samsung have excellent cameras in that function and price range as well.  If you want to keep your cost down, look to eBay or Amazon to make a purchase.   If you want a higher end camera, a Rebel is an excellent choice.

Hope that give your some ideas on what to look for.

Last edited by Truman