Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Camp that don't give catchers short shrift?"

HitRunThrowCatch posted:

Tequila, I would *love* to find an effective coach for regular lessons. He has a great hitting coach, and one who gave lessons for blocking.  Just haven't found one that clicked for the other aspects.  We are within reasonable driving distance of Orlando & Tampa. I'm not really plugged into a network.  I lurk on a few FB groups,  but haven't found them to be useful for our needs.  Son has only played travel ball for a couple of years, and it's been a steep learning curve, to say the least. I appreciate this forum because it has good quality info,  without the drama. 

This is a great time to contact colleges in the area... season is just ending for most and a HC or AC may be able to refer you to a coach on staff, a player/catcher, a previous coach or player/catcher or another local guy they might suggest who may be able to provide regular lessons, at least for a period of time.  Another avenue is the local club/travel/training organizations... they may have someone on staff or someone they can refer you to.  They are usually tuned in to the local instructor circles and are more than willing to refer a paying customer.  You can also start a new thread here titled "best catching instructors in the greater xxx (Tampa/Orlando??) area" and you may get some names.

Another good avenue this time of year... check your nearest summer college program.  Many times, those players are looking for ways to make a little money during the day and play games at night.  Often, the program will be more than willing to let them use the facilities.

Last edited by cabbagedad