Skip to main content

Reply to "best college baseball facilities"

Originally Posted by JCG:
Originally Posted by Picked Off:

PO Jr got to play at TD Ameritrade last year and said it was incredible, except freezing cold part. Said that he could not imagine how cool it would be on a warm summer evening with the stands packed. That's something to motivate you.

Also played in the new home of the Giants AAA team Raley Field in Sacramento. Sac State plays some of there home games there.

Raley Field is very nice. Last time we went my kids bought us front row, field level seats for father's day. With Giants affiliation, I'm afraid those seats will be expensive and hard to come by. Oh well, it'll be fun.

My wife is a UCLA grad. I used to bike to Jackie Robinson Stadium often.  Not a great yard at that time, but plenty good enough at the time, and I saw a lot of MLB players on the way up.  Lots of ex-jocks in the stands too.

I'm married to a USC grad, so I've spent a lot of time at the coliseum and Dedeaux field. The only problem I have with Jackie Robinson field is that it is off campus. My son has a buddy that is a Soph on the team and loves the program. What difference in programs, Trojans rebuilding and Bruins reloading.