Skip to main content

Reply to "Best College Pitching Programs and Coaches"

TPM posted:
Swampboy posted:
RedFishFool posted:

I think that I disagree with TPM about players being able to leave. I think they should be able to without sitting out a year, etc BUT I also think that if it were allowed that many would rue that decision for some of the very reasons that TPM espoused. Maybe the rule is designed to protect us from ourself. 

If the transfer penalty is indeed designed to protect players, it would be the first NCAA rule I've encountered with such a purpose.

I dont see how allowing players to transfer to another D1 because the coach left serves anyone a positive purpose.  Does anyone feel that the coach bringing some of his former players from his prior program to the new program helps those at his new program, where would he go. This all sounds good but it never really works well for anyone.

There may be more circumstances that I can understand but not because thr coach left.

JMO

If the coach leaves, the player should be allowed to leave.  I know of many situations where the new coach comes on campus, and the player does not fit the mold for that particular coach.  As such, I don't believe it is fair for the coach to give him his walking papers, and then the player has to sit out a year.  It's not right!