Skip to main content

Reply to "Best College Pitching Programs and Coaches"

great thread, I don't post much but do read.  This info applies now,  son is being recruited by several major D1's.  As a soph LHP at a JC, he is still growing and like many here, trying to find the right fit does require some effort.   If this helps, do some research yourself on the specific program pre-visit and/or in my son's case if your JC coach is well connected and you have options look at pitching stats in depth historically through the program to get a sense of how programs operate.  How long has the HC been w/this program, is the HC or PC trending up.   The website of the school keep very detailed records, box scores and the like, if you notice patterns with IP's and pitch counts you can find answers sometimes.    If your kid played high level club don't be afraid to reach out to a friend of a friend or former player if it's available.  They are more than happy to help.   Be objective at what you hear and understand the your kids limitations when you evaluate where to commit.  Ask questions, will you change my kids arm slot, does the HC call the game, who makes those decisions, the HC or PC etc, etc.   In my kids case he will have 2 years left as this journey continues,  he as less margin for error at the next level and as he continues to grow physically still finding the right fit with proper and reasonable coaching is critical.