Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Details about Exposure?"

BaseballCoach2 posted:

Oh okay. Thanks. He's talked about wanting to be a physical therapist or something in the field of sports medicine once he gets older. I know that some of the kid's change their minds about what they want to be when they get older as they progress through school. He has made a brief list of schools that coincide with the path he wants to take. I'll remind him that it's not always 100% baseball and academics do come first because he seems to get carried away. Thanks alot once again. 

A teenage boy got carried away thinking about his baseball dreams???  NO WAY!!!!

LOL, just keep being the voice inside his head telling him to focus.  It has been said by many on this board that baseball ends for everyone eventually, some sooner than they wish due to injury or life in general getting in the way.  While it is great to shoot for the stars eventually he will come back to earth and live a life that doesn't center around baseball.  THAT is why choosing a school based on academics or how he specifically feels is more important than their baseball program.  Baseball ends for many people before college and some DURING college.  How will he feel about the school if he eliminates the baseball factor? 

I have a 2020 and I took him through Manhattan after Cooperstown just to walk around the streets of New York.  To say he HATED it is a massive understatement.  He's a Georgia boy who loves baseball and wants to play in College but the city buildings, the smell, the lack of nature, just the vibe of the city in general made him very uncomfortable. Inner City Colleges will be off his list no matter what the baseball program is like.