Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Hitting Tip"

Swingbuster, we agree on a lot of things including everything you've mentioned about the hands. We also agree that when coaching hands, you have to be careful. Video is great for this. Otherwise, you just might create as many problems as problems you've corrected. Knight's Baseball, I wish I could share the video of our hitters. I really like what they do and they work so hard. However, as you probably know, you can't do that without expressed written permission form the kid's parents. Other than posting pictures for our website, I don't have that permission. This is our school's policy due to liability.

BTW, we do coach hands but most can recall several different threads where ... & ... questioned all of this and I just won't argue that with anyone anymore. BTW, your device is perfect for this conversation. Simply one of the best purchases I've/we've ever made. One other suggestion since we're on the subject of hands and since Teacherman posed the question of fingertips up, to best see this, in my opinion, take a Tee (We prefer the Schutt Tee for this.) and set it up in your cage. Have a target, say a tall cone with a baseball on it, down at the other end of the cage. Have the hitters work on their swing with the concept of driving the ball while also knocking that ball off of that Tee. I think you might just like this drill and what it shows. Teacherman, do you agree that this is a great way to see the answer to your question? Oh, also, the type of Tee is important. Some Tees, in my opinion are terrible for hitting fundamentals. JMHO!