Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Kind of Baseball"

I love watching all levels of baseball, and like many others have said, it's especially fun when I know one of the players.

Youth levels - I loved all of it from T-ball on up, but when it got to about age 11-12, I was always happy to be the one switching my work schedule so I could drive my son and his teammates to their travel games. It made me "antsy" all day if I had to miss one of my son's games. High school baseball is great fun to watch because you tend to get to know all the players better, seeing them for several years in a row. College baseball was very exciting, but made this pitcher's parent nervous much of the time.

Pro ball - I have not seen much minor league baseball, but plan to see at least one single-A game this week in FL. My husband and son watch more minor league games, and they really like that level. MLB - We get the MLB cable package on TV so we can watch lots of MLB games, and I love it. I enjoy watching rivalries like Yankees vs. Red Sox and don't care about the $$ stuff. But my favorite of course is to watch my Twins. Part of the fun is that it's a small market, low budget team, but these young guys are putting together a good season.

Best kind of baseball? Whatever is on TV right now or at a ballpark near me! Smile

Julie