Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Kind of Baseball"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
I have to sit away from the parents. Too many nasty unnecessary comments made about kids and the coaching with no disregard who is listening, never heard that when son was in HS. Things have changed.
Yep. My son will be on varsity next year. I'm going to place myself as far away from "the jury" as possible. "The jury" is a group of current and former rec ball coaches who think they know more than the varsity coach. They have no problem tearing down players for the benefit of their own. The funny thing is when they throw each other's kids under the bus behind each other's backs.

At a Junior Legion game one parent got tired of the coach's wife telling everyone how much baseball her husband knows and how stupid the varsity coach is, and let her have it in full view of everyone. His kid won't be starting soon!

The JL coach recently moved up from rec ball. The high school coach is a former college and pro player, and former assistant coach at one of the state's top high school programs. His only problem now is the lack of talent he inherited. The lack of talent are the kids of "the jury."