Skip to main content

Reply to "Best Kind of Baseball"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:

Honestly I used to enjoy watching the HS game, but over the past few years, I have to sit away from the parents. Too many nasty unnecessary comments made about kids and the coaching with no disregard who is listening, never heard that when son was in HS. Things have changed.

LOL..I always got a kick out of hearing some of the comments. Some of it was unbelievable. It did seem to be worse at the varsity level than jv or frosh. However, I wasn't gonna go to my son's high school games only to sit a mile away to get away from the peanut gallery because I wanted a good spot to watch him play. Besides, I never got caught up in all that stuff anyway. I suppose it was easy to tune it out because my kid was in the starting lineup every game because he worked hard to earn his spot so even if I were to catch something directed toward my kid (which I never heard) I would've tuned it out anyway and chalked it off as jealousy or stupidity.

As for watching games in person, I enjoy the high school and minor league baseball.
Last edited by zombywoof