Skip to main content

Reply to "Best of Luck in 2006"

quote:
Originally posted by bigjd39:
I will keep the board posted on the progress of some local players I will be watching this year.
Ryan Ditthardt, outfielder from St. Thomas suffered a serious injury at the start of the summer season that curtailed his exposure in summer baseball tournaments. He is now fully recovered after spending most of the fall rehabbing and working out. He looks great. The 6'1, 190 lb. senior is D1 material but unfortunately hasn't been seen since last high-school season. He's a steal for interested college coaches.

Outfielder Steven Cardullo, St. Thomas, will be among the elite power hitters in Broward. As a junior he hit 6 homers and none were of the cheap variety. Cardullo's natural power has been enhanced by a strict football conditioning program. He did the circuit during the summer and drew considerable interest but no offers. This player, whose work ethic and dedication is unquestionable can only get better at every level.

Junior lefty Robby Scott has grown at least 10 inches and gained over 30 lbs. Look for him to emerge as STA's #2 behind a healthy Corey Weech.

All three of these players come from athletic blood lines. Ditthardt's uncle was a former UM quarterback, Cardullo's father was a D1 wrestler, and Scott's mom played softball at FSU.

My sons team(western high) plays st thomas in the first game of the cooper city tournament. We have two very good starting seniors this year in lefty Nick Additon and righty John Conklin. If we hit this year we should be better.