Skip to main content

Reply to "Best of the Best"

va, I must butt in. I must. As far as GCA’s schedule, the AD and coach tried to get some of the best teams in the area and state to play with this year. We even had a tournament here in order to get some great teams to play without traveling out of the area. I see no reason for us to spend thousands of dollars to play NC and SC teams when there is much better talent right here (Tidewater or VA). Weak schedule?? We played Lawrence Academy from NC who was in first place in their district until we beat them 4-2 then 11-0. We did barley beat Hampton Christian, but that was only do to our very very sloppy play. We split with St Anne’s Belfield 3-6 again same day as HC (sloppy) then 12-3 last Saturday. I guess Phoebus and Bethel are no body’s either?? Then there is Kempsville, Princess Anne, Covenant and Nansemond Suffolk all were 10 run and are great teams. Oh, what about Cape Henry, Liberty Christian (both 10 run) and The Steward School 10-5. GCA’s fielding is solid (except for April 4thFrown), batting over .450 as a team and the pitching can stack up to anyone’s first 5. I won’t say we are Virginia’s best, but like I said early in this blog, those teams we would love to play either because of their rankings and the kids that are on the teams that we know. Just to see that GCA is part of the great teams this year in Virginia is very exciting. One fact, this GCA team is the best out of all the other GCA's team past.

The only true Virginia State Champion would be for all the Public AAA, AA, and A tournament champion's play in a tournament against VISAA D-1, D-2 and D-3 teams tournament champion's. That would be something to see.
Last edited by Ace 45