Skip to main content

Reply to "Best pitching machine under $250?"

Teacherman, I've been looking at that PP for a while now. If I get it, I will get the Pro version, because of the curveball option. The only other machine I'm interested in now is the Mound Monster.

They both have many similarites and their own separate advantages. Both have maximum speeds of 45-50 MPH, both can simulate left & right hand fastballs and curveballs, and both are portable with a 4 hour battery.

Personal Pitcher Pros: The PP pitches small golf abll size polyballs. If you can hit a golfball anywhere in the zone well, then it should be less difficult to hit an official size baseball.

Cons: You can't use it for fielding drills.

Mound Monster Pros: Uses poly balls the same size as official size baseballs. It can also be adjusted for fielding drills. It can throw grounders and fly balls.

Cons: Can't do as many reps as the PP without having to go and collect the balls.

From everywhere I've looked, the Mound Monster is actually a lot cheaper than the Personal Pitcher. With all of this information, which one of these two would you all recommend? Thanks.