Skip to main content

Reply to "Best route for a high skill, but physically underdeveloped player: D3 or JC?"

How can you state that we should put aside the fact that he has been hurt?  

That has just as much, if not more, to do with whats going on. And I agree that you are beating your head against the wall.

I don't mean to be rude, sluggerdad, but I think that you are way too involved/concerned in something that you can not change or control (his weight and  height).

The main object of recruiting (for everyone) is to use their skills to help to get admitted to college, and help to pay for their education, because in all probability, like most he will not play ball after college, whether it be D1,D2,D3, NAIA, JC

If it does happen, well I always tell people that I call it the icing on the cake.

There is NOTHING wrong with attending an excellent JUCO, but the only problem is that you have to make sure that it is where he will get the attention he needs to build his arm strength as well as muscle mass.

Its not what you want, but what your son feels will give him the best educational opportunity.  The way I see it, if these coaches felt that they could help turn him into the stud you would like him to be, there would be an offer to come join the team. Yes, I can tell you from experience that his injuries past and present are not good, unless of course his skill talent was so high that they overlook it (dont forget one HAS to declare all injuries when being recruited).

Why don't you all sit down as a family and discuss it, come out and ask him what he REALLY wants to do.  

I hope that you take this post for the purpose for which it is intended, to help you to understand whats going on to help your son make the decision that is right for him, not you.

Have you taken him to a doctor for the latest injury?

Last edited by TPM