Skip to main content

Reply to "Best route for a high skill, but physically underdeveloped player: D3 or JC?"

Originally Posted by SluggerDad:

Anyway,  it seems like there's not really all that  much  downside and only upside to the highly competitive D3 route.  I do suspect  that playing  D3, even at the highest level,   pretty much closes off the possibility of eventually playing D1. (and that's what's getting in his way of really feeling completely comfortable with this option).  And that, I admit, is a loss.    

What do you think?

SluggerDad, regarding the portion of your original post that I bolded, I would not say the possibility is closed - but, what I think might happen often is that top players at the D3 level just end up really liking the school, their team mates, the D3 experience and there is a sense of allegiance - therefore, no reason to pursue.  Believe me, if guys like Tim Wilson, Nick Fisher, Lubking or any number of guys from son's conference had put out feelers to transfer.....I would think this would hold true for many D3 conferences, talent-wise, certainly every conference in the West Region. We actually did lose a great player from my son's D3 team this year, who is transferring to play at a good D1 in Calif.  Although a bummer, everyone's celebrating his success, as its a great move personally for him on a number of fronts.

Last edited by like2rake